Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Update


It has been awhile so here is a little post to hold you over!   Weekend was good--relaxing with beautiful weather.  I went to a great little coffee shop down the hill with an outdoor patio.  I went with Melissa and Shannon--I am posting a photo.   Melissa does fundraising for a nonprofit and Shannon works for an advertising agency.  She is also a dj once a week at Kexp.  Her show is on at 1 am so she is big in England.  

Monday I had my workout and today I chilled out.  I did actually do some laundry and even did my sheets---I love clean sheets.  

Tomorrow I am going to the station to volunteer--should be fun. We have a band coming in for an in studio--that always keeps thing hopping!  

I talked to Dad tonight.  He sounds good--a bit tired but that is par for the course.  I had to keep reminding him that he needs some recovery time.  You know Dad though---he was on the treadmill and doing laundry.  He has been napping though.  He said he laid down for a minute and slept for three hours.  I also talked to his neighbor Lillian and she is looking out for him and taking him food and offered to drive him to his doctors appts.  Dad said Wilbur has been to visit him a couple of times.  So I am glad that they are all looking out for him.  I told Lillian how much we appreciate her keeping an eye on him.

I am watching the end of Conan and then I'm off to sleep.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Hi PJ,
I'm glad you are encouraging your dad and his friendships. Rick and I are going to Atlanta on Saturday to visit everyone. We are looking forward to seeing the Atlanta gang. Weather is getting cooler here. My parents lost their electrical power after Ike. They don't think they will get it back until this weekend. Mom said it was like camping! I think she said they winds estimated at 70 miles per hour in southern Ohio where they live.
Take care..... : ) Darlene

Chris said...

Glad to hear things are well. Thanks for talking to Lilian. Darlene and Rick come in town this weekend. We hope to get out on the boat Sunday. I bought a cheap wake board and should put on a good show for them. I have never tried it before so there should be some good spills. My goal is a 180. I hope to get it without to much embarrassment. I used to be pretty decent on trick skis so I think it is possible. I will try to get some pictures for you. I will put Rick in charge, so they should be all falling pics.