Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Monday!



Today was a busy Monday.  I started out with the gym--good to see my lung peeps.  Worked out for an hour and a half and got caught up with everybody's weekend.   We are a chatty group--that makes the workout easier!   

Came home for lunch and then met up with Gwen for coffee and a yummy chocolate donut.  Of course by now its 5 and pitch black out.  It felt like midnight--I am not getting used to the early darkness.  Luckily it was sunny out so that made it a bit more tolerable.  I guess this is why Seattle with all the rain and darkness is the suicide and serial killer capital.   Anyway I have new hair to cheer me up--lovely purple--yes purple-- highlights. I posted a couple of pictures I took a minute ago--one is in the bright light so you can see the purple.  It is not as bright in person--but still definitely purple on top.  I smile whenever I pass a mirror!   This is my winter blues and waiting for a lung hair. The girl that cuts my hair says she'll come to the hospital to do my hair when I go in.  She is really nice.  I have been doing lots of laundry and packing bags for the hospital.  I have my little bag with a few necessities--toothbrush, robe, comfy blanket, and ipod.  Then I have the bigger bag once I can wear jammies and sweats.  Comfy jammies, my favorite sweatshirts, books,etc.  This one is for my friends to grab once i can move around.  

Tomorrow I am getting accupuncture--can't wait.  It always makes me feel better.  Luckily they have a sliding fee scale for the clinic so it is not expensive.  Then Wednesday I head into the radio station to volunteer.  

Well thats all for now--I am getting ready to make an ensure milkshake and watching David Letterman--then to bed.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the purple. If I had enough hair on top I'd join you! Take some more pics of your apartment. I would like to see what it looks like. Glad to hear all is well. I have to go. Busy day. Meeting with a sales rep this morning and then we have the dedication of our raw water pump station at the river. Barbecue on the river. I hope it warms up! TGIF! My computer keeps kicking my off, so I have to log on anonymous.

Chris