I spent the day at Kexp today. It was slow since most of our staff is in Austin,Tx for South by Southwest. This is a huge music and film festival with indie music and indie films. There are lots of cool panels and shows. My station is broadcasting live from Austin every day this week. They are having bands come in everyday to play on the air. Sounds like a blast!
This kid from Kansas came in today. He grew up in Salina--we had a laugh about that. He was impressed with my vast knowledge of Kansas. He is in school in Kansas City--sounded like a small college.
I gave he and his friend from Seattle that he met online a tour of the studio. He listens to Kexp online in Kansas and loves the station.
After I showed them around the music library and the dj booth--I asked them what they thought---they replied that they were speechless. The kid from Kansas had tons of questions about dj'ing so I hooked him up with my friend Rachel who dj's. Of course they were so nervous and wouldn't say a word. I don't know if it was because she was a dj or a girl--so cute.
Tonight I watched Lost---an amazing show and my favorite. Now I am checking out Letterman--he has Modest Mouse on tonight!!
Tomorrow I am going to run errands and get coffee--I am trying to round up somebody with the day off. Thanks to sweet Maurine I have a gift card for Starbucks to entice them. If nobody is free I am able to entertain myself and that means more coffee for me!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Have to catch up on Lost. I have them taped, just haven't had time to watch.
Chris
I loved your photo on the blog. It is so exciting to have people leaving posts.
Lost was amazing last night! I just the Bonnie Hunt show and the guy that plays Ben was on. He is so creepy!
I think you're family blog is catching on!
Chris
Shoot Ben again and again, then chop him up and bury him on different islands and feed some to the fish for good measure. What ever you do, don't shoot him once and run off!
He's like Jason(Friday the 13th)
Chris
Chris--so you are caught up on Lost---you are so right about Ben. We will definitely see him again--soon. He give me the creeps.
Everytime I watch that show--I have more and more questions but I just love it!!! What will I do when it is over-------
Post a Comment