

Ok Chris--I am updating my blog. Thanks for reading it! I hope your back is doing better--great news about returning to basketball soon. You should also check out accupuncture and massage therapy. Some insurance plans cover this and I have found they really help to loosen up the muscles. My doctors always recommend massages for my neck and shoulder muscles--I tend to get huge knots in my neck. It's been awhile and I am long overdue. I keep suggesting massage therapy for our rehab class but am not getting anywhere with that. They are talking about getting a wii for us. That would be so fun!
We are having our pledge drive at the radio station this week so I'm looking forward to free food on Wednesday. They always get tons of food donated. Usually pizza and lots of snacks--cupcakes,fruit, candy, and sodas. Also lots of coffee. I will be manning the front desk as usual and will be helping organize all the volunteers that come in on Wednesday. It is usually quite chaotic--but always fun.
I am including a picture of my workout friends that one of the girls emailed me. These are the girls that I hang out with twice a week at rehab. Joanne did end up going home to Oregon until she gets the call for her transplant. It was getting quite expensive so she is going home and will take a private plane when she gets the call. She is the one in the purple sweater. The other lady is Muffy--she is my favorite person there. She is from Wyoming and got her lung in November. She will be around for a couple more months and then she gets to go home. She has been here for almost 2 years waiting and recovering. I plan to visit her at her ranch in Wyoming at some point down the road. They have been so supportive and fun to work out with.
Ok--I am off to sleep!
2 comments:
Thanks for the update! Always enjoy the pictures. I am doing much better. My Doc also suggested massage therapy, but it is not in the budget and can't take off work during the day. We are doing braces this year for Cole. Quit expensive, but he is looking forward to them. They have begun by putting in, as I call it the Iron Maiden. It widens the pallet and you need to put a wrench in his mouth and turn the screw. He doesn't mind it. I hate doing it. I don't want to hurt him. Keep updating. I check it everyday!
Have you given up?
Post a Comment